The throat chakra, or fifth chakra, is also known as Vishuddha or kantha. This point can be found at the bottom of your throat.
The traditional Vedic symbol for Vishuddha can be seen to the right.
(many modern systems depict this image in a deeper shade of blue)
Associated Color: Turquoise or Blue
Associated Element: Element
Associated Spinal Region: 3rd cervical vertebra
The throat chakra relates to your upper respiratory functions, to your voice (inner and outer), communications, and fluent thought. also this chakra represents the ascent into the higher realms of being.
An imbalance in the throat chakra can result in ear, nose, or throat problems, and can manifest as destructive and hateful speech.
The path to a balanced throat chakra begins with the observation of communication and sound.
Clear Communication Practices - Pay special attention to the way you communicate with those around you and work to resolve any blockages or issues that prevent the free flow of thought and ideas from one party to another. Allowing communication to occur in its most free form is a great way to channel subtle energy into and through the throat chakra.
It is also important for you to be able to speak your personal truth, whatever that might be. Many times problems - even physical health issues - can arise when a person feels stifled or is expending energy to hold their message within.
Exercise Your Vocal Cords - The act of singing, or even humming, can strengthen your communication skills and clear/balance the throat chakra. You might also take the time to study the Mantra system to learn about sacred syllables.
Color Breathing Exercise For This Chakra
One of the most basic - yet powerful - techniques for opening, balancing, healing, or empowering a chakra is the practice of color breathing. Each chakra relates to its own specific color, making it very easy to apply this breath/visualization exercise in an effective manner.
Before beginning, it is recommended that you use basic meditation to relax your body and focus your mind. Once you have achieved a state of calm, centered being, proceed with the exercise below:
Remember to breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth.
- Center your awareness on your throat chakra, just above where your collarbones meet. Visualize this center as a luminous blue sphere.
- Optionally, you can titl your head back slightly to stretch your throat forward. This helps some people maintain their focus on the chakra point.
- Breath in deeply, visualizing bright blue energy flowing outward from your throat.
- You may hold the breath, or breathe out right away, whichever you prefer.
- As you exhale, allow a low-pitched, natural hum to rise from the base of your throat. This sound need not be especially musical, but should be steady.
- Imagine the vibrations from the humming increases the glow of your throat chakra and causes the blue energy flowing through your body to pulsate.
#throat #chakra #throat chakra